Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jump!


Jump!
Originally uploaded by Jackie Hutch.
Gary and Tracie are up visiting and it is very fun to have them here. Gary loves taking photos and also posing for photos. He is a very great photographer, I think he's making me look bad. However, he has been doing it for about 7 years now and I've been trying to encourage him to go pro. Which just means get paid for doing it. I suppose he's somewhat of a semi pro because he does get a few pennies for his photos on I-Stock.

Tracie and I were discussing the importance of making decisions. We both find it highly irritating when people are indecisive. Well, not necessarily irritating, but frustrating. It's even frustrating to myself when I'm having a hard time making a decision because it's a waste of time deciding. I'm just glad my husband pointed it out to me because I would be wasting a lot more time on decisions than need be if it weren't for him explaining this to me. The sooner you make a decision the quicker you see the outcome which can be very rewarding if you are making good quick decisions. I think the reason it takes people so long to make them is because they are afraid to fail, afraid to make the wrong choice. But you can't succeed if you don't try. I think people need to be more in tune with there instincts and try relying on them a bit more.

Thanks for listening, and have a great day.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Exactly Jack. I think people tend to overestimate the importance of their decision turning every little choice into a major dilemma.

Just go for it people. Good or bad, at least the decision is made and let the consequences follow. I think "hemming and hawing" over a decision will often lead to more regret than a bad or "not the best" decision might have.

Plus it's annoying when people can't make up their mind about anything...especially things that don't matter.